Lean Manufacturing is a group of techniques that reduce manufacturing lead times, improves on-time delivery, reduces wastages and lowers costs. Through a combination of cstories and numerous real-world examples, we at YouPeak help your employees understand and apply this in their day to day jobs.
We will cover:
• 5S: Utilize Visual Manufacturing and the 5S approach for clean, organized, and efficient work areas.
• Minimize Inventory Costs by focusing on defect prevention instead of detection.
• Minimize inventory while increasing throughput with setup reduction techniques, minimized travel and floor space layouts and pull-based manufacturing.
• Understanding of Toyota Production System(TPS) Concepts
Andon :Role of Signboards
Genba: The actual place, the place where the real work is done
Genchi Genbutsu: Go and see for yourself
Heijunka: Production Smoothing
Jidoka – automation with human intelligence
Kaizen or Continuous Improvement
Kanban or Sign, Index Card
Muda: Waste, Mura: Unevenness and Muri: Overburden
Nemawashi: Laying the groundwork, building consensus, literally: Going around the roots
Poka-yoke: fail-safing – To avoid inadvertent errors
• Used dashboards to know performance against plan status, identify where variances exist and rapidly get back on plan.
• Cellular manufacturing approaches.
• Use all of the above techniques to reliably make what is needed, when needed, in the amounts needed.